Case Study: Assessing PD-L1 in TNBC. Moderate IC staining without TC staining
From Bharathi Vennapusa on November 22nd, 2020
Starting with a H&E slide, Dr. Lynch goes through a four-step assessment:
1. Do I have 50 viable tumor cells with associated stroma?
2. Identify the tumor area
3. Assess the pattern of immune infiltrate
4. Identify the area of exclusion
In evaluating the IHC, Dr. Lynch also goes through a four-step assessment:
1. Is there staining in the tumor area
2. Assess if staining is on TC or IC
3. Aggregates or single-cell spread staining
4. Apply scoring algorithm for percentage of tumor area (cut-off at greater than or equal to 1 percent) with IC staining
The content in this video is meant to act as a companion to the larger training video on interpretation of PD-L1 in TNBC by the Ventana SP142 Assay.
Attend a live webcast training of Scoring PD-L1 in TNBC with the Ventana SP142 Assay at https://www.pathlms.com/rdc